PALEO CARROT & ORANGE JUICE PULP CAKE (Gluten free/ Dairy free)
I came up with this recipe because my kids love carrot juice… and after juicing all these beautiful organic carrots and oranges, it was a pity to keep throwing away all the pulp.
Here comes the solution! This carrot cake is a great way of using the juicing pulp. It is deliciously moist and packed full of fibre, which is always a good thing.
- 4 eggs,
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil,
- 4 tbsp honey or maple syrup,
- 100 g chopped dried dates,
- pulp left over from juicing 1 kg of carrots & 4 small oranges,
- 1 cup rice milk or almond milk,
- 100 g ground almonds,
- 1 tsp nutmeg,
- 1 tsp baking soda.
- 1 can of very cold coconut milk,
- 2 tbsp honey,
- juice from 1/2 lemon.
Nice and easy… simply mix the eggs, coconut oil and honey together, then add the rest of the ingredients and quickly stir it all together.
Bake 35 min at 175C.
For the frosting pour out the liquid from the coconut milk, which will leave you with thick coconut cream. Whip it up with honey and lemon juice using a mixer.